The 4th Dimension of a Regnum Christi Member – Team Life
Orientation of the team life
(From the draft statutes (June 2016))
- The lay members form part of a team. The team is the natural setting where the members develop their Regnum Christi lifestyle. A team is a group of members united to help each other in their sanctification, formation and apostolic work, following the example of the primitive Christian communities.
Encounter with Christ
- The Encounter with Christ is the center of team life. In it, as a community of faith, the members confront themselves with the Word of God and the reality of the world in which they live; they encourage each other in the following of Christ and enkindle their apostolic zeal.
*the new draft statutes allow for the possibility of teams of married couples, with one couple acting as team leaders. Each territory is responsible for planning and overseeing how this is rolled out with its members.
Encounter with Christ Weekly Workbook
- Link for NY Tri-State RC members to purchase Encounter with Christ Weekly Workbook – coming soon!
- September- June (25 weeks) EWC and Study Circle
- Formation plan is to delve deep and utilize the 5 Dimensions of an RC Member Formation packets provided us from Rome. Each consists of 5 components.
Monthly plan will consist of the following:
- Reading and discussion of RC Text
- Videos to view as a team following by discussion
- Monthly Book Club – one session a month dedicated to discussion of monthly reading, pertaining to the theme of the monthly study circle
- Member Testimony – one session dedicated to a sharing of team testimony of personal experience of Prayer, Formation, Team, Apostolate or Accompaniment
- Each member may do as little or as much as their “state in life” allows
- The Spiritual Life – Fr John Bartunek LC (1st Dimension)
- Formation – Fr Shawn Aaron LC (2nd Dimension)
- Apostolate and RC Mission – Fr John Bartunek LC (3rd Dimension)
- The Vocation Statement – Fr. Thomas Vendetti LC (3rd Dimension)
- Obstacles and Plan – Fr. Thomas Vendetti LC (3rd Dimension)
- Team Life for Men and Women– Donna & Jeff Garrett (4th Dimension)
- The Cure for Discouragement – Fr. John Bartunek LC (4th Dimension)
- Encounter with Christ – Kerrie Rivard (4th Dimension)
- Personal Accompaniment According to Pope Francis – Fr. John Paul Duran LC (5th Dimension)
- What is Personal Accompaniment in the life of a Regnum Christi Member?
– Janet Lees (5th Dimension)
- How does Regnum Christi offer formal personal accompaniment? – Kerrie Rivard (5th Dimension)
Texts for Study and Discussion
- 1st Dimension – Prayer – Core Convictions of an Regnum Christi Member
- 2nd Dimension – Formation – Developing an Integral Formation
- 3rd Dimension – Apostolate
- 4th Dimension – Team Life
- 5th Dimension – Accompaniment
From the 5 Dimensions Formation Packets – links to purchase books
- The Better Part by Fr. John Bartunek LC
- A Guide to Christian Meditation by Fr. John Bartunek LC
- Thirsting for Prayer by Fr. Jacques Phillippe
- Sharpening Your Tongue by Fr. John Bartunek LC
- All Things Proceed by Fr John Pietropoali LC
- The Soul Of The Apostolate by Jean-Baptiste Chautard O.C.S.O.
- I Saw His Face by Fr. Michael Mitchell LC
- Navigating the Interior Life: Spiritual Direction and the Journey to God by Dan Burke with Fr. John Bartunek L
- Seeking Spiritual Direction: How to Grow the Divine Life Within by Fr. Thomas Dubay SM
- Questions and Answers About Your Journey to Godby Fr. Benedict Groeschel CFR