Fr Michael Sliney, LC offers words of wisdom on being patient with difficult people.
5 Tips for loving difficult people
1. Spirit of Faith- to believe that God has providentially placed you together and is asking you to be an instrument of his love.
2. Opportunity to grow- bending oneself to serve this person will force you to purify your intentions and grow in charity.
3. Look hard for the good and try not to focus on what most bothers you in that person.
4. Difficult people generally come from difficult backgrounds…they may actually be crying out for attention and love.
5. Do not merely “endure” or “put up with” this person, but overcoming your natural animosity, make a conscious decision from the heart to love this person. Offer this one up for a good intention!